Monday 12 December 2016

CLEMATIS SEEDHEADS

We've had a true Summer's day today with high temperatures in the 30's (˚C that is!) and clear bright blue skies. After several weeks of relatively low temperatures, rain and rather grey weather, today was a bit of a shock to the system - nice shock, nevertheless!

These are wild clematis seedheads against our Australian blue sky. Each seed has a little feathery tail with which to fly away...

This post is part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
and also part of the Blue Monday meme,
and also part of the Macro Monday meme,
and also part of the Through my Lens meme,
and also part of the Seasons meme.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great vivid shot. Thank you for sharing with "Through My Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast of colours. I think we call this old man's beard but I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have something similar to this in Texas. Just some kind of weed. We always enjoyed picking and seeing who could blow the most fuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've never seen seed heads so abundantly! A great view! Thanks so much for sharing this interesting view with SEASONS - much appreciated. Enjoy your nice weather!
    You are right (your comment), one can't be serious all the time. But humor across cultures can be at times a little tricky;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.